Sunday, April 10, 2011

Life is a Gift


  • "All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be." -Pink Floyd


  • A fellow teacher and a good friend passed away this week from ovarian cancer. She was true to herself and had a great love for life. She was practical and patient. She always treated me as an equal- never as though I had something to prove. She faced her cancer with bravery and even gratitude. These are her words from her funeral program:


  • "Having never been a religious person, I have tried to understand my soul, and one thing really rings clear for me. Humanity is a circle that thrives on the do unto others universalist concept. Your heart and soul are your deeds and wishes upon the earth... what you sprinkle carefully around. It takes some years and wisdom to be ginger, but I hope I have mostly followed this concept. I know that life is a gift- and I give thanks. It's the simple things in life that makes life grand... notice them and your life will be greatly enriched." -Nan Bigler

1 comment: