Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Art of Doing Nothing

Do you know what I like to do more than anything in the world? Nothing. That's right. I really, thoroughly enjoy doing absolutely nothing. I only recently realized this because my entire life I was taught that doing something was a virtue and doing nothing was for lazy people. I am not lazy. I've never been lazy. I understand the value of work. Work is a part of life. Man was born to work. And, unless you have a trust fund or are a trophy wife (which is a job in itself) then you will work everyday of your entire life. We don't need to go looking for work. We don't need more to do. So I've been practicing the art of doing nothing and I intend to keep practicing it (sh... don't tell my boss). I'm not great at it yet. Doing nothing means that you sit still. You hardly even think. You can do it outside. You can do it with a friend. You can do it all alone. You can do it for 5 minutes or 5 hours. Why don't you give it a try?

1 comment: